The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government in Delhi, under the leadership of Arvind Kejriwal and Manish Sisodia, has made notable contributions in the education sector, particularly in higher education, fostering an environment that promotes research, innovation, and academic excellence. Here is a list of colleges and universities that were opened or significantly expanded under the AAP government:
- Delhi Technological University, Phase 2 Campus: In addition to expanding its capacity to accommodate more students, the AAP government inaugurated two new hostels at DTU, each equipped with modern facilities and amenities.
- Netaji Subhas University of Technology East and West Campuses: The AAP government integrated two existing colleges — the Chaudhary Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College and the Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication, Technology and Research — into NSUT, adding 360 BTech and 72 MTech seats to the university.
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi, Phase 2: The second phase of IIIT Delhi was launched to accommodate the growing demand for IT professionals.
- Delhi Technological University East Campus, Surajmal Vihar: To cater to the eastern region of Delhi, the DTU East Campus was inaugurated.
- Delhi State Teachers’ University: This dedicated university for teachers’ training was established to enhance the quality of education in the state.
- Delhi Skill and Entrepreneurship University: Aiming to boost entrepreneurial culture among students, the DSEU was opened.
- Delhi State Pharmaceutical Research University: This institution was inaugurated to bolster research and development in pharmaceutical sciences.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, Dwarka: A new campus was opened to accommodate more students in this reputed institution.
- Ambedkar University, Karmpura Campus: The new campus of Ambedkar University in Karmpura is yet another addition to Delhi’s educational landscape.
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies: This institution was revamped to facilitate the growth of business and management studies.
- East Campus of Guru Gobind Singh IndraPrastha University: GGSIPU’s new east Delhi campus was inaugurated to cater to the increasing number of students.
These initiatives by the AAP government in Delhi have significantly improved the infrastructure of higher education, enabling more students to pursue their academic goals in the national capital. The addition of new hostels and the inauguration of new campuses are commendable steps toward enhancing the reach and quality of education.
Moreover, the AAP government has also made significant investments in these institutions, which have bolstered their growth and potential for development. The future of Delhi’s higher education landscape appears promising under the leadership of the AAP government, as it continues to work toward achieving its vision of providing world-class higher education to all students.