OFFICE OF THE SOCIAL WELFARE MINISTER
GOVT OF NCT OF DELHI
New Delhi: 19/09/2019
• Social Welfare Minister Rajendra Pal Gautam discussed prospects of launching an online portal for Jay Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana Scheme
• Minister of Social Welfare, Rajendra Pal Gautam convened a meeting with senior officers of NIC and Department of Social Welfare at Delhi Secretariat wherein he discussed issues pertaining to the preparation of online portal for implementation of the scheme ‘Jay Bhim Mukhyamantri Pratibha Vikas Yojana.
• Initially, the scheme benefited students belonging to SC/ST communities, but now students of EWS will also be able to reap its benefits.
• Online Portal for the scheme would be a boon as it would reduce the time and effort to verify documents such as income certificate, case certificate and aadhar numbers of the students. It will also ensure a timely release of payment to the coaching institutes.
• Further , the ministry is also looking for possibilties to check the enrolment of particular students under the scheme by the different empanelled coaching institutes.
• Besides this, Social Welfare Minister is also scoping into various provision for direct transfer of stipend amount into the bank accounts of the students through PFMS and monitoring of the biometric attendance of the students.