Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Over 1 lakh students from Delhi Government Schools meet and interact with real life entrepreneurs
Under the Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum, students across Delhi government schools are getting an opportunity to meet and interact with real life entrepreneurs and understand their journeys and struggles. The curriculum that was rolled out on 22nd October, managed to reach 1,50,336 students in 588 schools, with 1980 interactions,in a span of just over 3 weeks.
The initiative received a positive response right from the beginning, as the sessions started rolling out slowly, but the numbers multiplied manifold on 7th November, 2019. On this day, a massive exercise was carried out where entrepreneurs who had taken pilot sessions in the schools were requested to tweet about their experience along with tagging Deputy Chief Minister, Manish Sisodia.
This mega level exercise pushed the initiative further which resulted in the numbers going drastically up. On 17th November, the student coverage jumped to an additional 85,000, reaching a total of about 1 lakh students. As a result of the encouragement by Dy CM himself, a lot of interest was received, for new registrations, from many entrepreneurs, and the ones who had already signed up got further motivated to visit their schools.
Students of class 9-12 are getting to meet a range of entrepreneurs and learn from them. Some of the entrepreneurs who have visited our schools are –
● Sh. Anuj Jindal – CEO, AJC EDUTECH Private Ltd.
● Ankur Warikoo – Co-founder and CEO of Nearbuy
● Kriti Gandhi – Founder, Amoli Trust
● Aditya Singal – Founder, Numismatics Academy
● Anurag – Co- Founder and CEO, Manzil Mystics
● Kunal Khattar – Co-Founder, Carnation Auto India Pvt. Ltd.
● Vaishali Asthana – Founder, Vaishali Dance Academy
● Vanshika Raheja – Managing Director at Jigsaw Edu Solutions Pvt. Ltd
● Pradeep Kumar – Founder, Delhi by Locals
● “Learnt how to achieve our targets, also learnt from our mistakes and understood how to overcome our problems. We have gained more confidence through this curriculum” – Tanisha and Shefali, X A, GSKV NO 1 MODEL TOWN
● “Excellent session taken by ma’am and we learnt a lot from her. After attending her session we feel very inspired and motivated towards becoming a responsible entrepreneur in the future.” Riddhi, 12B, Rajkiya Sarvodaya kanya Vidyalaya patparganj, Delhi
● “Maine seekha ki hame apna bhavishya apni pasand se banana chaiye. Doosre kya sochte hai uske baare mei zyada nahin sochna chahiye. – Jenny,Class 12, Sarvodaya Co-ed Vidyalaya, Masjid Moth
● “Students really appreciated the effort. The question answer method used was very effective, students asked a lot of questions”. Ayush kumar Thakur-XII-C, Shiv Yadav ,SBV JANTA FLATS, HASTSAL
● “The session by Mr. Abhishek Guliya was very fruitful. He shared the challenges faced by him during the initial days of his start-up and he also revealed his ways of analysing the causes of its failure. Students learned a very important lesson from this session, that is, failure is the best teacher. It paves the way to success”.- Teacher, Govt. Boys Sr. Secondary School, DDA FLATS PHASE-II, KALKAJI, NEW DELHI-110019
● “Students got really motivated after listening to the entrepreneur’s story and learnt that one has to face the challenges that come their way with a lot of courage and self-determination”. Teacher, Veer Savarkar SKV No 1 KalkaJi
● “The students learnt that to grow in life everyone has to face a lot of problems and that one should be ready for it” -Mrs. Meena Kumawat TGT Hindi, Government Girls Senior Secondary School, No – 2, UTTAM NAGAR
● “The entrepreneur answered all the questions quite well and also shared his life experience. Students asked around 25 questions during the whole interaction and they got the confidence to pursue their goals without fearing about failuret” – Teacher, SKV Gazipur
“I have interacted with many students hailing from reputed colleges. However, this interaction is unique and unmatched in many ways. I felt nostalgic by their simplicity. I suggest, my friends, those who are living in Delhi-NCR, to visit government schools, interact with students and share their knowledge. This is the best way we can contribute towards shaping our future generations.” – Ashutosh Burnwal, Co-Founder Buddy4Study
“I really wish we had these kind of mentorship sessions and guidance programs in our times to fulfil our dreams with the known pros and cons . It was an amazing interaction with the Gen Y who really had some super cool ideas to work upon . Wishing them all the very best for their ideas and hoping they get implemented soon , as they continue to dream big , take risks , and recognising the opportunities that come their way .- Kama K M, Founder – Drinking Safari
“I had first Live Interaction session with young students of Saheed Hemu Kalani Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya , Ring Road Lajpat Nagar-II , New Delhi. I was totally zapped with kind of questions on startups and entrepreneurship were asked by these young students, kudos to all teachers , Delhi government who are making them aware” – Ashish Khare, Founder – MentorKart