Press Release/17th September 2017
AAP has decided to field Major General Retd. Mr. Suresh Khajuria as its candidate from the Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, due for polling on 11th October 2017. The decision to field Mr. Khajuria has been taken after due diligence with the Gurdaspur unit of the party and the Majha region leaders and volunteers.
It is pertinent to mention here that 64 years old Major General Suresh Khajuria is an old party volunteer and is a local resident of Pathankot falling within the Gurdaspur Lok Sabha. We are proud to state that our candidate has a distinguished career in the armed forces by serving the country. While candidates of both the traditional parties i.e. BJP and the Congress are likely to be outsiders and parachuters.
Therefore, we appeal to the electorate of Gurdaspur to support AAP candidate in the ensuing election and we particularly appeal to the ex-servicemen of the region to support him as neither the Congress nor the BJP has fulfilled the long pending demand of ‘One Rank-One Pension’ of the ex-servicemen community. Date of nomination will be announced shortly.
GENERAL SURESH KHAJURIA, AVSM, VSM (RETD)
– BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE CALLED BUNGAL, 15 KMS FROM PATHANKOT, IN A FARMER’S FAMILY, IN 1953.
– INITIAL EDUCATION IN GOVT SCHOOLS. GRADUATED FROM SD COLLEGE PATHANKOT.
– HAS DONE M PHIL (STRATEGIC STUDIES) & MBA IN HUMAN RIGHTS AS WELL AS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
– JOINED INDIAN ARMY IN 1973 AND GOT COMMISSIONED AS A 2LT THROUGH OFFICERS’ TRAINING ACADEMY, MADRAS, IN 1974. JOINED 5 GORKHA RIFLES (FRONTIER FORCE) / INFANTRY.
– SERVED THE MOTHER LAND FOR 37 YEARS WITH DISTINCTION AND PRIDE AND RETIRED IN 2011.
– HELD NUMEROUS COMMAND AND STAFF APPOINTMENTS SERVING ALL OVER INDIA WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO THE COMMAND OF A BRIGADE IN FIROZEPUR AND A DIVISION IN KARGIL.
– PRIVILEGED TO HAVE BEEN AWARDED 5 (FIVE ) AWARDS DURING SERVICE FOR GALLANT PERFORMANCE AND DISTINGUISHED SERVICE WHICH INCLUDE VISHISHT SEWA MEDAL & ATI- VISHISHT SEWA MEDAL FROM THE PRESIDENT OF INDIA.
– AFTER RETIREMENT DEDICATED HIMSELF TO SOCIAL WORK AND WELFARE OF EX SERVICEMEN. AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF UNITED FRONT OF EX SERVICEMEN FIGHTING FOR ONE RANK ONE PENSION AND ALSO IS THE PRESIDENT OF RETIRED DEFENCE OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION.
– ASSOCIATED WITH AAP FROM INCEPTION AND HAS BEEN SHOULDERING RESPONSIBILTIES OF THE PARTY AS THE STATE PRESIDENT OF EX-SERVICEMEN WING.