DEPUTY CHIEF MINISTER INTERACTS WITH NEWLY RECRUITED COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHERS OF SCHOOLS, TAKES THEIR VIEWS
- INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) AT SCHOOL LEVEL WILL BE UPGRADED – SHRI MANISH SISODIA
- HEADS OF SCHOOLS HAVE BEEN EMPOWERED BY THE GOVERNMENT TO ARRANGE FOR REQUISITE EQUIPMENTS FOR STRENGTHENING COMPUTER LABS
New Delhi: 17/10/2018
The Deputy Chief Minister, Shri Manish Sisodia interacted with the newly recruited Trained Graduate Computer Science teachers of the Govt. Schools and asked them to contribute their constructive inputs to improve quality of Computer Science in Education in Delhi Govt. Schools. Shri Sisodia was interacting with them in a programme organised by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) at Delhi Secretariat Today.
The Computer Science teachers interacted with Shri Sisodia and put before him the Various Inputs as follows:
- Only one or two ICT (Information Communication Technology) period per week needs to be increased.
- ICT should be one of the core subject with regular assessments at schools.
- There should be one lab-assistant to help better practical learning to students.
- Availability of ICT books to students need to be taken care.
After listening the teachers and their suggestions, the Deputy Chief Minister passed instructions to DoE (Directorate of Education) officials present in the meeting
a). To improve supply of books to teachers and students on urgent basis.
b). To figure out ways by which maximum utilisation of labs by students can be ensured with available full time lab assistant.
Further Dy CM asked for volunteers to initiate innovative learning projects like Virtual Classrooms by recording best available teachers of all subjects and making their lectures available to all students via Youtube and other social media platforms. He also asked for volunteers to work for refining ICT curriculum and energising ICT books.
Shri Sisodia informed the teachers that the Government has empowered the heads of schools to arrange for the necessary equipments and other requisite materials at their level to facilitate school laboratories and teachers can approach them for getting such equipments if need be.