OFFICE OF THE CHIEF MINISTER
GOVERNMENT OF DELHI
New Delhi: 27/12/2018
Chief Minister congratulates Transport Department for trial runs of electric buses
Transport Minister launches trial run of third electric bus on Thursday
Chief Minister, Shri Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday congratulated the Transport Department for intiating trial runs of environment friendly 100 % fully electric buses in Delhi.
Transport Minister, Shri Kailash Gahlot launched the trial run of the third fully electric bus in Delhi, which is proposed to be run on route number 534, Anand Vihar Inter State Bus Terminus to Mehrauli.
After flagging-off the fully electric bus, Shri Gahlot stated :“Flagged off the third Electric Bus. This time it is Olectra BYD company. It will run on Route no 534 Anand Vihar ISBT to Mehrauli. Company claims that after overnight charging the bus can run for 250 kms.”
In his message, the Chief Minister stated :“We arer very concerned about the health of our people. We are doing everything possible within our control to reduce pollution in Delhi. I have seen many conscious Delhiites doing their bit too. All of us together can make it happen.”
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE ELECTRIC BUSES PROJECT ARE AS FOLLOWS :
· Delhi Government has decided to induct 1000 Pure Electric Buses on City roads.
· The Electric Buses are Zero emission vehicles with up to 30% reduction in bus interior noise level.
· In order to assess the performance of electric buses in Delhi operating conditions. Delhi Government has launched trial run of electric buses of different vehicle manufacturers in Delhi.
· Two Electric Buses (PMI-Foton & JBM-Solaris) are already on trial run since November 2018.
· Trial run of a third electric bus, belonging to Olectra-BYD 12 meters Low Floor, was launched by the Transport Minister on Thursday.
· After launching the trial run, Shri Gahlot stated that trial run would help the Government in understanding the issues involved in running of electric buses, including requirement of charging infrastructure. Lessons learnt during trial run would help in formulating the bid document for 1,000 Electric Buses.