DJB approves several projects in its 145th board meeting
Providing and laying sewer line in Swaroop Nagar GOC under the catchment of SPS at Guru Nanak Dev Colony near Vijay Chowk in Badli Constituency approved by the Board
The Delhi Jal Board’s 145th meet approved several measures of public good in its meeting on Wednesday, Feb 27, held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister Delhi and Chairman DJB Sh. Arvind Kejriwal.
Withdrawal of Water Connection to Bottling plants/Cooling Plants/Selling/Packaging of Water in Jars, Canes, Bottles, Glasses etc.
• In order to stop the commercial use of water and make this potable water available to consumers, the Board decided to withdraw water connection to bottling plants/cooling plants/selling/packaging of water in Jars, Canes, Bottles, Glasses etc.. Wherever the water is available through water connections in such units, it is directed to disconnect it from the ferrule and where there is borewell/groundwater source in such units, it is directed to immediately right to the area SDM to seal such borewells. Further, DJB would also recommend to MCDs that no license should be issued for bottling plants/cooling plants/selling/packaging of water in Jars, Canes, Bottles, Glasses etc.
Clean Yamuna and Delhi
To bring about an overall improvement in the Wastewater management system of Delhi Jal Board, the Board accorded approval to the following projects:-
• Providing and laying sewer line in Swaroop Nagar GOC under the catchment of Sewage Pumping Station at Guru Nanak Dev Colony near Vijay Chowk in Badli Constituency at an estimated cost of 81 crores. The population to benefit after the project is executed is about 2.10 lakh. Presently, sewerage generated in this area flows through open drain and falls into river Yamuna or pollutes Groundwater through septic tanks. The proposed project aims at effective abetment of pollution in river Yamuna and its catchment by providing a comprehensive wastewater collection & disposal system. This will also provide better sanitation and pollution free living conditions to the residents of these colonies.
Water supply and augmentation
To bring about overall improvement in the water management system of Delhi Jal Board, the Board accorded approval to the below given projects:-
• Replacement of 1000mm dia PSC Mangolpuri water main from Prashant Vihar red light to Peeragarhi UGR. The total estimate of the work is approximately Rs. 25 crores. After the completion of the work the problem of frequent leakages resulting in wastage of filtered water and disruption of water supply will be checked.
• Replacement of left out portions of Pitampura and North-West main from Haiderpur WTP-I to MU Block, Pitampura UGR and OHT Pushpanjali Enclave. Since there are a lot of major leakages in the pipeline, the potable water at present is being wasted, even after repairing the line time and again. Further, the water mains are more than 40 years old and have outlived their useful life. On completion of the work, the water will be available at full pressure to the residents of the area. The estimate proposal of the work is approximately Rs. 28 crores.
• Extension of the work of Operation and Maintenance of 16 MGD recycling plant and Water treatment Plan at Haiderpur for 5 years. The estimate proposal of the work is Rs. 22 crores.
• Rehabilitation of Water Treatment Plant at Chandrawal Water Works II. This Water Treatment Plant was built around 60 years back and major machinery is also of that period. To ensure the water supply at a better pressure during the summer season when the water supply demand is at the peak, the rehabilitation of the plant will play a major role. The estimated cost is Rs. 94 crores.