- AAP Shadow Cabinet takes stock of MCD schools & hospitals
- Several lapses found during the surprise visit of the Shadow cabinet
The Shadow cabinet appointed by the AAP has swung in action. The Shadow cabinet of health South Corporation and shadow cabinet of education for East Corporation made several surprise visits on MCD facilities and found huge lapses. The South Corporation visited schools to find out the reality and the East Shadow Cabinet took stock of hospitals in East Corporation.
These are the lapses found out:
Below are some findings of MCD schools which are affecting children’s education in the South MCD Schools.
- Education Quality
- Standard of education in all school almost very poor.
- Head of Schools are not aware of SMC’s rules & regulations, SMC’s not at all active.
- They don’t know how many members should be there in SMC.
- If HOS are not aware of SMC’s rules and regulation then how will the SMC function?
- SECURITY GUARD
- While the school is going on there is no security guard appointed for the security of kids, this is a huge lapse on the part of security of the kids studying in the schools.
- Lack of CCTV cameras.
- Dangerous trees in the compound of school.
- R O Water
- Basic amenities, like drinking water is not available for the kids, which affects the health of the kids
- The MCD schools are mocking the Swacch Bharat Abhiyan, cleanliness is missing from them.
- Toilets are in bad condition.
- Only one sweeper assigned to one school which makes it difficult to keep the whole school clean.
- Shortage of Staff
- There is a severe lack of teachers and to add to this, teachers are assigned administrative work which makes it difficult for them to focus on academics.
- Food Quality
- The quality of mid day meal is not at all satisfactory. There is huge scope for lot of improvement.
- In most of the schools no staff rooms & no halls for extracurricular activities.
- Plaster of ceilings of class rooms falling and endangering the lives of children & staff.
- Low height of boundary walls.
- Lack of play grounds in school.
Some of the MCD schools visited by the Shadow Cabinet are:
- Lado Sarai Boys & Girls
- Sec 1 Pushp Vihar
- Sec 5 Pushp Vihar
- Sec 3 Pushp Vihar
- Sec 4 Pushp Vihar
- Sec 7 Pushp Vihar
The AAP shadow cabinet of East MCD took stock of the health facilities in Seemapuri MCD hospital. The findings are:
- Operation theatre is not working for a year as there is no inverter or generator in the hospital.
- There is no Wi-Fi and the server system is also hardly working and thus all the staff is busy just updating the records.
- No vaccine available for Measles and Typhoid.
- Post vacant for registration staff, drivers doing registration duty.
- No ambulance, but driver was available.
- No doctor available for delivery, nurses usually do the job. Doctor comes only for emergency cases of delivery. Doctor must be made available for delivery.
- OT table is very old and equipments are missing for operation.
- Oxygen facility should be available in nursery.