On 27th June, 2022, Finance Minister of Punjab, Harpal Singh Cheema, presented the Budget for the year 2022-2023 to the Punjab Vidhan Sabha, Chandigarh.
The Budget preparation exercise reached out to the principal stakeholder – the “People of Punjab”. The suggestions and consultations were put forward by people from all strata of society – industrialists, trade associations, youngsters, women and representatives from all walks of life.
The feasible aspirations of the people of Punjab have been included in this budget, thus making it a true “Janta Budget”.
Budget numbers at a glance
- Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Punjab for 2022-23 (at current prices) is projected to be Rs 6,29,834 crore.
- Expenditure (excluding debt repayment) in 2022-23 is estimated to be Rs 1,19,913 crore.
- Receipts (excluding borrowings) for 2022-23 are estimated to be Rs 96,078 crore.
- Fiscal deficit for 2022-23 is targeted at Rs 23,835 crore (3.78% of GSDP).
- Revenue deficit for 2022-23 is estimated to be Rs 12,554 crore.
Charts and Graphs
Path breaking initiatives in maiden budget
Download the Punjab Budget App to your mobile
Full Budget speech by Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema
Budget 2022 – 2023 at a glance
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4
White Paper published prior to Budget presentation
When expressing your views in the comments, please use clean and dignified language, even when you are expressing disagreement. Also, we encourage you to Flag any abusive or highly irrelevant comments. Thank you.