The silence of BJP leadership, both, national and Delhi state, makes it clear that the party has no explanation on how Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel made a mockery of rules to get a DDA plot allotted for his NGO with complete connivance of then Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung.
Watch AAP Chief Spokesperson Saurabh Bhardwaj’s press conference on this issue:
FACTS OF THE CASE :
Mr Vijay Goel is the Vice President of a Non-Governmental Organisation, Vaish Agarwal Educational Society, that runs multiple schools in different areas. One such school, Adharshila in Pitampura has a junior wing at GT Canal Road, which is known to the locals as the Minister’s school.
A DDA plot adjacent to the GT Canal Road junior wing of the school has been taken over by the society. There is a doorway directly opening on to the plot and is being used as a playground by the school. The then Lieutenant General, Najeeb Jung, heading the DDA, sanctioned this land to the NGO going against all rules and regulations required for the allotment of land.
This plot of land had been previously earmarked for the establishment of a Post Office. It was demanded by the Organisation under the pretext of a ‘Khilona Bank’ (Toy Bank). Several institutes had approached the DDA for the same land, including INTACH, but the process of granting the land to this NGO sped up when in 2016, Vijay Goel attained ministerial responsibility.
In 2002 similar prime properties in Mehrauli-Badarpur were sanctioned to VAES for the construction of ‘Khilona Bank’. At that point Shri Vijay Goel had questioned whether it was merely illegal to allocate any land to an institute just because it is associated with a Minister.
AAP CHALLENGES BJP TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS :
· In how many cases has the DDA till date allotted land by allowing the applicant to change the reason for purchase as per his requirements ?
· Is it possible that the land allotment was allowed by then DDA chairman Mr Najeeb Jung free of cost to Mr Goel ? In how much was the deal done between Mr Jung and Mr Goel ?
· Did Mr Najeeb Jung allow the land allotment to Mr Vijay Goel’s NGO without the knowledge of Mr Modi and Mr Amit Shah ?
· Was this what Mr Najeeb Jung was doing as Delhi LG while blocking all public welfare works of elected government of Delhi ?
· Has time not come to rename DDA as Delhi Destruction Authority in place of Delhi Development Authority the way BJP leaders have turned it into Delhi’s shame ?
The illegality of the Vijay Goel matter lies in the fact that DDA never allocates such land when demanded by the elected Delhi Government for public interest.
Several letters have been sent by the AAP Government for the procurement of empty land to build Mohalla Clinics and Hospitals, but none have yet been forwarded.
Delhi Government has sent a detailed list of 18 such properties that are being unlawfully used by societies where the terms of their conditions have long expired. The Government has requested for these plots to build the hospitals/Mohalla Clinics that the land had initially been sanctioned for. DDA has not responded or made available any of these properties. The Transport Department has repeatedly send petitions for land for bus depots to no avail. Landfill areas around Delhi are over flowing but land is not being made available for that either. However, DDA has unflinchingly approved property for BJP Headquarters but not for Public Service ventures.