- “New York to Canada, Delhi govt school classrooms are now going places” – The Indian Express article dated 6th Jun 2019
- School Education Reforms in Delhi 2015 – 2020 by Boston Consulting Group – Interventions Handbook
- “Delhi’s happiness curriculum gets featured in Harvard’s International Education Week” – Hindustan Times article dated 20th Nov 2020 (Link)
- “Delhi govt’s education model gets international recognition, 20 nations access e-learning content” – Zee News article dated 22nd Feb 2021
- Parent Outreach programme of Delhi goes global – Times of India article dated 22nd Nov 2021
The AAP Effect
The following State governments have adopted AAP’s unique and transformational schemes in the Education sector.
(Note: Click on the tick marks below (√) to read the news reports.)
|State Govt||Education Model||Skill University||IB Curriculum|
|Maharashtra||√ √ √ √ √ √ √ √||√|
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee lauds the AAP Government in Delhi for its education reforms
- Karnataka Ex-CM Kumaraswamy looks up To Delhi Model for its schools
- Karnataka’s Former Minister Ramesh Kumar visits Delhi Government schools
- Odisha Education Minister Samir Ranjan Dash wants to replicate the Happiness Model in his state
- Meghalaya’s Education Minister Lahkmen Rymbui attends Happiness Class
- Shri Prajakt Tanpure, Minister of State for Higher Education (Maharashtra) compared Delhi Govt Schools to schools abroad.
- Education Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted, (paraphrasing) “Shri Prajakt Tanpure, Minister of State for Higher Education, Maharashtra, visited the Delhi Government schools. He liked the schools very much. Am very happy to learn that he too wants to work on Education in his state, and create good schools there. Am very happy to have met you, wish you Good Luck in your future endeavours, Shri Prajakt ji.”
- Delegation from Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) led by Dr Ajit Boro, Principal B.Ed. College & Sahitya Academy Awardee, visited a Delhi Govt School – SBV Rouse Avenue, as seen below, on 9/11/2021
The AAP Delhi Government’s Happiness Curriculum implemented in their government schools won the prestigious WISE Award for Innovative Educational Project – as Tweeted by Manish Sisodia, Delhi Dy CM and Education Minister
- Delhi contingent bags 21 gold medals and 9 silver medals in competitions of ‘WorldSkills’ at Chandigarh.
- Delhi has retained its top rank in the list of Union Territories and city-states category according to the National Innovation Index unveiled by government think tank Niti Aayog, which has also lauded what it calls “a landmark transformation of the government school system.” (dated – Jan 2021)
- 4 Delhi Govt Schools feature in Top 10 Govt Schools of India for 2021-2022.
- In the ‘Indian School Ranking 2019’ by the education portal ‘Education World’, a Delhi government school has been ranked No.1 among all government-run day schools in the country, while two others have made it to the top 10.
- Seven schools run by the Delhi Government have featured in the 14th annual India School rankings, a survey conducted by Education World India in association with C fore. (dated Nov 2020). The survey rates and ranks the country’s top 2,000 schools. The four Delhi government day schools which featured in the rankings are the following Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya (RPVV) schools:
- Sector 10, Dwarka
- Sector 11, Rohini
- Sector-5 Dwarka
- Yamuna Vihar
- Delhi with 88.7% ranked 2nd in the country behind Kerala with a literacy rate of 92.2%.
When expressing your views in the comments, please use clean and dignified language, even when you are expressing disagreement. Also, we encourage you to Flag any abusive or highly irrelevant comments. Thank you.