Competitive Entrance Exam Results
- 53 students qualified in IIT JEE Advance 2020
- 443 students cleared the IIT Main 2020
- 569 students qualified in NEET 2020 (67%, i.e. 379 of those qualified are girls)
- 496 students qualified in NEET 2021
- 2 top scorers were from Delhi government schools
CBSE 12 Examinations
For the first time in the history of Delhi, Government schools got a result of 98% in the CBSE Class 12 Examinations in 2020.
(Source: Pg. 37, DDC Performance Report 2020)
There has been a steady improvement in the results, as indicated by the CBSE Quality Index, in the CBSE Class 12 Examinations under the AAP government.
(Source: Pg. 38, DDC Performance Report 2020)
The CBSE Quality Index increased further to 350.8 in 2021.
The number of Delhi government schools with 100% results in Class 12 has increased from 130 in 2016 to 875 in 2021.
(Source: Times of India)
CBSE 10 Examinations
At Class 10 level, the pass percentage of Govt. schools was 97.52% in 2021 as compared to 82.61% of the previous year – an 11% improvement.
A total of 750 schools recorded a 100 per cent pass percentage in 2021. This is an increase of around 5 times as compared to the previous year.
Migration from Private to Government Schools
- There was an impressive reverse swing with 6,000 children from private schools joining Delhi government schools during the period 2015 to 2019. (Source: DDC document 2019-2020, Page 10)
- Here is the specific example of the Sarvodaya Vidyalaya in Rohini Sector 21. As of Aug 2017, 900 students moved from private schools to the Sector 21 government Co-ed Sarvodaya Vidyalaya. The school has 1,200 students.
- As of Aug 2021, more than 2 lakh students have applied for admission from private schools to Delhi Government schools in the last few years.
“After the new admissions, the enrolment in government schools is now 17.67 lakh [1.76 million] for the session 2021-22, from 16.28 lakh [1.62 million] in the previous academic session, which is also higher than the 15.05 lakh [1.5 million] in 2019-20,” – Delhi Education department (Link)
In-service Training for Teachers
In service training was given to 91,663 Teachers & Vice Principals by SCERT in 2019-2020. (Source: Status report of Outcome Budget 2019-2020)
One-on-One Counseling for Students
In Govt. senior secondary schools of DoE, out of approximately 1.64 lakh students of class 12, approximately 1.09 lakh students were given one-on-one counselling through EVGCs (educational and vocational guidance counsellors) in 2020-2021. This helped children and parents make an informed choice of career.
Connectivity during COVID-19
More than 95% students stayed connected with studies in spite of the disruptions due to Covid-19.
“Reviewed status of online classes with Team Education today.Repeated school closures have been challenging but bcos of the team’s untiring efforts, more than 95% of our students have stayed connected with their studies through online classes and worksheets” – Tweet by Manish Sisodia, Delhi Dy CM and Education Minister (Link)
(Source: Tweet by Manish Sisodia, 20/01/2022)
88 lakh students had benefited from it by March 2020. (Source: Status Report of Outcome Budget: 2019-2020)
Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum
Around 7 lakh students, till Dec 2019 benefitted. As part of this program, till 2019, there were 2,695 Entrepreneur Interactions done, covering 2,33,362 students in 805 schools,
This is said to be the world’s largest start-up program, involving 3 lakh students, 51000 business ideas and 60 crore seed capital from the AAP Delhi Government.
In 2021, 1000 girls of Class 11, 12 from Delhi government schools benefitted from the Mentoring Programme on STEM and engineering careers for girl students. They were mentored by 250 girl students studying Engineering at Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University (IGDTUW).
Chunauti 2018 (remedial classes with special emphasis on Class 9)
(Source: Page 31, DDC Performance Report, 2015-2019)
MISSION BUNIYAAD (a 3 month remedial course in April 2018 for Classes 3 to 8, to bridge grade level gaps)
(Source: Page 32, DDC Performance Report, 2015-2019)
Outcomes in Sports
Increased participation in Sports related activities
- The number of students participating in National Games increased from 2,468 in 2015 to 4,194 in 2019, with 1076 medals won. (Source: Pg.12, Dialogue & Development Commission of Delhi – Performance Report 2015-2019)
Mission Excellence Scheme
Some Beneficiaries: Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Silver medallist, Tokyo Olympics, 2020 and Abhishek Verma, Gold medallist, Archery, World Cup, 2021.
117 sportspersons benefitted in 2019, including cash incentive, diet, equipment, participation in tournaments.
Play and Progress Scheme
- 307 players have been selected, as on 22/1/2021.
- In the year 2018-19, under this scheme, 357 school players were given an incentive amount of 8.72 crore.