The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has exposed the forgery committed by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in the excise case against former Deputy Chief Minister Shri Manish Sisodia. The AAP presented the details of all 14 mobile phones that were in question and revealed that five of them are still in the custody of ED-CBI, while the others are with Shri Manish Sisodia’s house staff. The ED had alleged that Shri Manish Sisodia destroyed his phones, but AAP’s revelation of the phones’ whereabouts raises questions about the validity of ED’s claims.
AAP National Convenor and Delhi CM Shri Arvind Kejriwal accused the Enforcement Directorate (ED) of fabricating statements and misleading the court in the case against former Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia. In an interaction with the media on Friday, he pointed out that the ED had alleged that Shri Manish Sisodia destroyed his phones, but many of those phones are in the ED’s custody, indicating that the whole matter is fabricated.
The CM also highlighted the case of Rajya Sabha member Shri Sanjay Singh, where the person present during the investigation gave one statement, but something else was written in the ED’s charge sheet. He accused the ED of using false evidence and fabricating statements by torturing people.
“ED is fabricating statements by torturing and pressurising people. This is not a good practice. The whole matter is fabricated, and there is nothing in it,” said Shri Arvind Kejriwal.
On the other hand, Senior Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Rajya Sabha MP Shri Sanjay Singh, demanded a public apology from the Enforcement Directorate (ED) as well as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders and spokespersons who defamed former Deputy Chief Minister, Shri Manish Sisodia by creating false allegations against him of destroying 14 phones.
Addressing a press conference on Friday, he exposed the false allegations fabricated by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) against Sisodia and revealed that the 14 phones that the ED had alleged were destroyed by Shri Manish Sisodia, were still active, with five of them in the ED’s custody itself.
He accused the ED and BJP of manipulating facts to mislead the court and the public to prevent the granting of Shri Manish Sisodia’s bail plea. He said, “The ED’s investigation is nothing but a web of deceit and falsehood.”
He said that many of the IMEI numbers that the ED had earlier claimed were destroyed by Manish Sisodia, were mentioned in ED’s own seizure report. Shri Sanjay Singh accused the ED of fabricating their investigation and spreading lies. “ED’s investigation is nothing but a web of deceit and falsehood,” he said.
He expressed his disappointment with the lack of morality in the leaders and spokespersons of the Bharatiya Janata Party, who accused Delhi Education Minister Shri Manish Sisodia of destroying 14 phones without any evidence. Shri Sanjay Singh demanded a public apology from the BJP leaders and campaigns who defamed Shri Manish Sisodia.
Moreover, he requested the court to take stern action against the ED officers who are deliberately misleading the public and presenting false information to get bail applications cancelled. He said, “The dismissal of Shri Manish Sisodia’s bail by the court was based on false information, particularly related to the destruction of phone evidence by Shri. Manish Sisodia.”
Shri Sanjay Singh then revealed the IMEI numbers of the phones allegedly destroyed by Shri Manish Sisodia are still active. Their IMEI numbers are the ones ending with 963, 369, 999, 965, 974, 042, 059, 341, 755, 763, 125, 852, 273, and 433. He revealed that the ED’s seizure report itself stated that five of the phone numbers (with IMEI numbers ending with 963, 999, 341, 755, 763) were actually in the possession of the ED itself, while two others were with the CBI (IMEI number ending with 965) and a volunteer (IMEI number ending with 974). The others were also still in use. He accused the ED of misleading the court and manipulating facts to defame Shri Manish Sisodia and prevent the granting of his bail. IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number is a unique identification code assigned to every mobile device.
He highlighted that during their investigation, the ED collected the IMEI numbers of all the phones of people in Shri Manish Sisodia’s house, including his family members, clerk, driver and peon, cook, and servants, to try to make it appear that all these phones were being used by Shri Manish Sisodia. He claimed that the ED officers falsely accused Deputy Chief Minister and Education Minister Shri Manish Sisodia of destroying phones to hide evidence in the case. The ED presented these lies in court as well through media channels, on the basis of which Sisodia’s bail petitions were declined.
Shri Sanjay Singh also requested the media to hold the spokespersons of the BJP accountable for their false allegations against Shri Manish Sisodia. He suggested that the media should confront them and demand an apology in front of the whole country for defaming Shri Manish Sisodia with the false story and lies about his alleged involvement in the destruction of 14 phones.
Shri Sanjay Singh expressed his shock and dismay at the hatred and animosity revealed by BJP and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi by defaming Shri Manish Sisodia, the man who was providing quality education to lakhs of children. He said, “Since Shri Narendra Modi has indiscriminate power, he should get the AAP leaders, who he hates so much, killed at the crossroads, rather than resorting to their character assassination.”
Shri Sanjay Singh also emphasised that if BJP wishes to imprison people and spread poison, it should be done openly and not through insidious tactics. He believes that it is better to confront and deal with issues directly rather than engage in dishonest and defamatory behaviour.
On Thursday, Shri Sanjay Singh exposed the ED chargesheet against him in the case as “completely fabricated,” by presenting the testimony (to ED as well as to the court) of the witness cited in ED’s chargesheet. On Wednesday, he had revealed how six witnesses in the case have approached the courts with accusations of being subjected to third-degree torture and threats against their loved ones in order to coerce them into signing false statements.