Installation of Oxygen generation plants
One oxygen plant in Burari Hospital, Kaushik Enclave, was installed on 17 March 2021 while four others, one each at Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, Lok Nayak Hospital, Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital, Rohini and Deepa Chand Bandhu Hospital, Ashok Vihar, were expected to be completed by April 30, 2021.
1 PSA (Pressure Swing Absorption) plant is already functional at Burari Hospital.
4 PSAs are to be operational by Apr 30, 2021.
3 plants, paperwork remains incomplete as of yet.
(Site clearance for 1 PSA plant was received by the Health Ministry on April 19, while the proposed sites at Raja Harish Chandra Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital were found to be “unsuitable”).
Oxygen Concentrator Bank for patients
On 15 May 2021, Delhi Govt became the First State in the country to start an Oxygen Concentrator Bank (OCB) for COVID patients. The service is free of cost.
- 200 Oxygen Concentrators in Each District
- Total 2,200 Oxygen Concentrators in 11 districts
- Will provide the concentrator at doorstep of patients in home isolation, if needed
- To be provided within 2 hours of request made.
Meeting Oxygen demands during the third wave
On 5 Jun 2021, anticipating a peak of 37000 cases in the 3rd wave, the following measures were undertaken:
- Storage capacity of 420 tonnes of Oxygen is being prepared
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd has been asked to set up a 150 tonnes capacity Oxygen plant
- 25 Oxygen tankers are being purchased
- 64 small Oxygen plants are being installed
On 30 Nov, 2021, the Delhi govt was fully prepared to fight the new variant of coronavirus with:
- 30,000 Oxygen beds
- 10,000 ICU beds ready, 6800 under construction
- 2 months buffer stock of 32 essential medicines used in COVID
- 15 new Oxygen transport vehicles
- 121 MT production of Oxygen
- 100 Oxygen bed/ ward (27000 total) can be set-up in 2 weeks
- 442 MT storage tanks
- Real-time monitoring of Hospital’s Oxygen levels
- 6000 oxygen cylinders already imported