NEET results: Delhi govt school students shatter the glass ceiling
496 Delhi govt school children have cleared NEET this year.
“History created by a Delhi govt school student Kushal Garg. He has secured 700 marks out of 720. All India Rank 165, secured seat at AIIMS. Father 10th pass, carpenter. Mother 12th pass, housewife. Congratulations Kushal. Proud of you.” tweeted Manish Sisodia.
Both Isha Jain & Kushal Garg have secured a seat in AIIMS. Like Kushal, Isha’s parents also hail from a humble background: her father (12th pass) runs a stationery shop while her mother (10th pass) is a housewife.
“Our school had tied up with an NGO which facilitated our NEET preparations”, Kushal clarifies.
“Many of our alumni, including a top virologist, held sessions with these students and instilled confidence in them. These sessions motivated our children and made them realize that government school students too can make a mark in the world,” says Raj Pal Singh, Head of a Delhi Govt school.
Delhi’s EV Revolution
“We are witnessing good results of our electric vehicle policy and the adoption of such vehicles is gaining pace. We are committed to realizing the dream of making Delhi the country’s electric vehicle capital, according to the vision of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal,” Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot said.
Against the backdrop of the COP26 Glasgow 2021 summit where India committed to a quicker transition to zero-emission vehicles, it is Delhi that leads the India EV adoption rate. Spearheaded by its EV policy launched in August 2020, Delhi’s EV ratio is now at 7% while most other states in India are still under 2%.
Delhi government announced a number of measures to reach a target of 15% EV penetration by mid-2022 as outlined by Jasmine Shah, Vice Chairperson of Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC) of Delhi.
- Scheme for setting up charging points that cost as low as Rs. 2,500 after Delhi Government subsidy.
- A novel single-window process for installing charging points from empanelled vendors, obtaining subsidy and availing EV tariff
- EV charging to cost Rs 4.5/unit
Delhi Bazaar: Delhi’s one-stop treasure trove
“Every industrialist, shopkeeper, service provider will get space on this portal… each and every entrepreneur in Delhi will have their own online shop. They will be able to showcase all their products and services on this portal, which will help them reach countless people, not just in Delhi or India but the entire world,” CM Arvind Kejriwal said.
Virtually walk through the various market lanes of Delhi to conveniently find what you need…
The CM’s Diwali gift to Delhi’s entrepreneurs, Delhi Government’s very own e-marketplace, will connect the smallest of Delhi’s enterprises to clients at the farthest point on the globe.
Expected to be ready by August 2022, Delhi Bazaar should boost Delhi’s economy, create more jobs and help the B2B segment. Entrepreneurs and start-ups will also be able to market their products and services to a larger audience.
Delhi 1st city to hit 2 crore vaccine doses
With the relentless efforts and proper management of the Delhi Government to provide vaccination hassle-free to every citizen, Delhi became the 1st Indian city to administer 2 cr vaccine doses on 23rd October 2021
85.9% of Delhiites have got at least 1 Covid vaccination dose. Out of 1.5 cr eligible adults, almost half of the population (47.7% to be exact) have been fully vaccinated.
AAP promises ₹1,000 per month to every woman in Punjab as financial support
“Every woman in Punjab above the age of 18 will get ₹1000/month deposited directly into her account…This will be the world’s BIGGEST women empowerment program,” – CM Arvind Kejriwal
Arvind Kejriwal made the announcement with women empowerment in mind and he believed that it would have fruitful results, just like the free bus travel in Delhi. The ₹1,000 financial assistance, over and above the various types of pensions already received, would ensure that women would not have to depend on their male counterparts for every small need. This scheme will also give girls a chance to pursue their higher education.
Sadak se Sansad tak: AAP’s support to farmers in their protest against Farm Laws
From day one till date, AAP has stood strong with farmers against Farm laws, Sadak se Sansad tak. AAP strengthened the protest as follows-
- AAP opposed the bill in the parliament and AAP MPs protested in front of PM Narendra Modi
- AAP provided basic amenities like food, water, doctors, toilets, etc to the farmers sitting on the protest.
- Kejriwal Government rejected Delhi Police’s request to turn stadiums into jails for farmers.
- Hon’ble CM Arvind Kejriwal tore a copy of farm bills in the Delhi assembly. He also visited Farmers as “Sewadaar” and ensured basic facilities for them.
- Delhi Assembly also passed a resolution against the farm laws.
Please feel free to share your comments, suggestions, ideas on the above. Going forward, I will continue to keep you posted on important governance initiatives and outcomes in Delhi.
- Elections in Goa, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi MCD are scheduled for early 2022.
- We have a huge number of passionate volunteers already working on the ground in these states to keep the electorate focussed on outcomes and not be swayed by money, alcohol, casteism, divisive religious rhetoric.
- Some of these volunteers can cover their basic transportation & food costs but a whole lot can’t. Yet, committed to nation-building like you, they are toiling it out with vigour.
- We are seeking funds at this time to support them in these crucial few months.
Now is the time for each of us to renew & intensify our commitment to achieve the India of our dreams! We humbly request you to contribute generously and help our volunteers.