Here is why E-Rickshaws are important. Their advantages range from economics, efficiency and most importantly, environmental friendliness.
1. Being battery operated, they produce no pollutants and hence are very eco-friendly.
2. Cost effective for passengers
3. They reduce the country’s dependance of foreign oil and hence the ability to reduce the oil import burden of the country.
4. Has one of the highest passenger to vehicle size ratio. This means, that is congested cities, these E-Rickshwas can become the most effective mode of public transport
5. Since they are relatively inexpensive, lots of people can be incentivised to own & operate these. They thus provide for a strong case of public/private cooperation in the area of public transport
Aam Aadmi Party respects the court’s order to ban them in the absence of any clear policy or regulation. It believes that the solution, therefore, lies in framing clear, practical policies for e_Rickshaws so that the court can lift the ban on these and they become a safe, efficient and most importantly, an environment friendly mechanism of public transport. Read More
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) challenges the BJP to break its mysterious silence and make its stand clear on the issue of imposition of President’s rule and Delhi assembly being kept under suspended animation Read More
Times of India
NEW DELHI: People returning from isha namaaz in Shahganj area of Matia Mahal were in for a surprise this week. A big screen showed Arvind Kejriwal of the Aam Aadmi Party delivering a speech. Without a profusion of garlands, cadre-based sloganeering and lavish poll promises that mark political mobilizations, this rally almost seemed incongruous. Kejriwal's choice of the constituency for his outreach showed the party had done its homework—the area, with a strong Muslim population, had voted en masse for incumbent Shoaib Iqbal last time. Read More